Goto page Previous  1, 2

● SMTP, emails, and PM's not working

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:02 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
THANK YOU!

I'm creating you a "super admin" account but it says I must fill in an email address to create an account.  Can you PM me something to use in that block and I'll PM you back with a user name and password.  I promise I won't bug you there. lachen   Feel free to change whatever you need to.

Also, I wonder if the problem could lie with my host with something in the cPanel, possibly the way the email part is set up.  I created a support ticket with them but it's been 48 hours and they haven't responded.  I will give you access to that too if you'd like it.
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:32 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Well I have found out why your email is not working, It is because your site is running on PHP 5.6.40 & PHPMailer required PHP 5.5 or later. PHP 7 Preferably.

This would explain why it is not working at all, I am crawling through the main areas of the site and downgrading from phpmailer to the PHP mail() function, This is only a quick fix, I would highly suggest finding a new host.

Your email will be working before days end.

On a side note, I also noticed your MySQL database is maxed out at 63.01 MB which is the max allowed for your site. A new host or hosting upgrade is needed A.S.A.P.

Expand
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!

I know for a fact that the emails are working, I just got an alert that there are new registrations.  I PM'd my friend Snakebait and that seemed to work.

You mentioned:
"On a side note, I also noticed your MySQL database is maxed out at 63.01 MB which is the max allowed for your site. A new host or hosting upgrade is needed A.S.A.P."

Yes when I started out with this project I went with the free hosting service that comes with the rental of a game server from
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
rather than purchasing a real website.  Now I'm starting to regret that decision.  To do I'd be looking at moving everything and possibly loosing everything you and coRsPE have done, right?

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:11 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
No we can move your site for you, we simple backup the database and files, You provide us with the new hosts cpanel details, and we upload it all for you.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:31 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
I am going to have to work on the email function, Turns out the standard PHP mail() function, only allows a "string" in the headers variable, Pre PHP 7, So I am going to re-write the email function for EVO.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:33 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Thank you for being willing to help me.  I was very close to giving up.  I'll start looking around for a hosting service.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:38 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
— Grmm wrote
Thank you for being willing to help me.  I was very close to giving up.  I'll start looking around for a hosting service.

A good cheap host which I hosting with here is duoservers. I've been using them for the last 2 years and I don't have any complaints with them. I needed to find something that was very particular allowing me to modify the PHP ini file, allowing me to modify many aspects of the website which most host don't allow, and this place was recommended by a friend. You should check them out, the link to the website is below.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

You do get a lot of liberties with them and you can use a free ssl certification through them, very easy to use.

Expand
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:03 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Lonestar,

I checked out Duoservers and it looks perfect.  I'm going to wait just a bit because if I do this I'm going to buy my own domain name at that time and I've just got too many irons in the fire right now, but I will do it if you say it's mandatory now.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
Well, you get a free domain registration when you get their service. At minimum, go fo their business plan, which is $5 a month. You do however have to pay for one year in advance, so you pay annually and not monthly.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forums ©