Goto page 1, 2  Next

● SMTP, emails, and PM's not working

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 am
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Hi coRsPE,

My SMTP, emails, and PM's are not working.  I have spent literally hours fiddling with this.  I've searched the forums here and over at Lonestar's and came up with a lot of hits discussing this problem so I know I'm not the only one.  I found your post here and over there spelling out exactly how to set things up and followed you instructions to the letter and still no luck.  Would you please take a look at my settings pictured below?  

The email I use is the same both in the ACP> Preferences and Forums Administration> General Admin> Configeration> Email Settings.

Do you still have your admin login info for my site?  I don't but I never changed it.

Thanks,
Grmm

Expand
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:16 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Have you checked with your host, to verify the ports are open to be used?

Expand
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:09 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Thank you coRsPE.  I'm on it and I will let you know.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:24 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
That was Lonestar. zunge zeigen

Expand
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:46 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Sorry about that.  You'd think I would have noticed your sig lachen  

Thanks Lonestar

Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
For what's it's worth I just tried to do a mass email and got this error which fits.

Expand

Still waiting to hear back from my host on the port thing.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:37 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
Does anyone know how to approve a new application that's setting in the database "nuke_users_temp".   I've tried to resend, approve, and activate from the website with no luck.  Just says "message not sent".

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:13 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
If you select activate from the user admin it will activate the account, but just wont inform them, that their account has been activated as your email is not working.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:49 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
18 Posts
— Grmm wrote
I've tried to resend, approve, and activate from the website with no luck.  Just says "message not sent".

That doesn't work.  The only way I've found  to do it is go to User Admin> Add New User and type in all of their information from there then hit "Add New User".  It sends no email, I  get no kind of confirmation, the new user just magically shows up in the members list a little later.

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Don't get much, huh?
You will still be able to activate accounts, it just will not send the email, If the accounts are not activating, Then there is something other than the email causing a problem, Make me a temp admin login please, I will do some testing and see what the problem is.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©