● Game Servers Block module?

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:33 pm
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
was just wanting a lil help with pointing me in the right direction to create a server block module
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:58 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Well, it really depends on what you're trying to accomplish and what type of server you're talking about.
Some actions, depending on what they are, can be set up using a cron job to ping and gather information at inter volts.
Or, you can set up a button to do it manually. But not knowing what you're looking to do or what type of info you want gathered, it's hard to say.

Is this for a specific game or web host server?

Expand
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:41 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
some so i could make my own. kinda like game tracker. we play americas army

Expand

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:47 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
That is a tough one to say. There are various ways to pull server information. It really depends on what is available. I am guessing that Gameservers probably pulls certain available data that the hosting companies allow. But Gameservers is pretty much whitelisted, so they would not have any issues getting that information. I know, back in the day, with a game that I was hosting on my site, I needed a dedicated IP for my website and I ran a Cron job that would run a PHP script that I had that would parse a file off my game server that would update the stats on our website. I don't know if that game allows it.

I do know Gameserver for their premium members, used to be able to get an XML feed of their servers that would allow them to create their own server block that would show who is on and info like what map they were on, ect..., I just don't know if that's a thing with them.

Overall, if there is a feed for the game, or a local file that is written with the current server info and that can be parsed, then you can do it, with either a Curl, or using a Cron job to run a script every X amount of time.
It's just hard to say, "Do this" without actually taking the time myself to research the information myself. Like when I did the Twitch, Steam, and Discord blocks/modules, I spent a few days to weeks looking into how each allowed the info to be received, mostly through jSon and XML feeds. But game/server stats, I haven't messed with that since Enemy Territory:QuakeWars was new and I made my stats signature banner generator, (worked off the available XML feed that Splash Damage had released).

Here is an example of what a feed may look like:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

(I have been repairing those today since when I first started writing this reply, I noticed they didn't work.)

Forums ©