No problem, anytime.

Expand
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:52 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Hi coRpSE is this module working with the latest evo 209e i have added it, it seems to be working module is active and set to home for all vistors, i have deactivated the original news but i am not able to get it working, how do you get news items to show.
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:27 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— zardos wrote
Hi coRpSE is this module working with the latest evo 209e i have added it, it seems to be working module is active and set to home for all vistors, i have deactivated the original news but i am not able to get it working, how do you get news items to show.

If you did the install following the readme, then you should be able to make a new topic, (logged in as admin), and when you write the new topic, you should have see a checkbox at the bottom that should say something like, Post as news, or something like that.

There are somethings that needs to be updated, like the bbcode. I haven't quite figured out what all lonesstar has done for the bbcode, but it will need some updating. I will only update V1 and V# of the script for I use V1 and I know a few people that like V3. I will mess around with it a bit this weekend. This is turning into a busy weekend coding for me.

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:49 am
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Thank mate, you do a great job, good job you like coding  big grin

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 am
Blabbing Noob
53 Posts
Hi Corpse. I have v3.1 running on my website but I've noticed a couple of Issues.

[1] Spoiler Code Showing on Homepage.
Expand

[2] Can't change 'Who can view This' setting. No dropdown option.
Expand
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— Megaboost wrote
Hi Corpse. I have v3.1 running on my website but I've noticed a couple of Issues.

[1] Spoiler Code Showing on Homepage.
Expand

[2] Can't change 'Who can view This' setting. No dropdown option.
Expand

Okay.

1.) I will look into this, that may just have to be added to the bbcode. Not all the bbcode is available in this system. I may have to come up with a separate solution that will work using CSS or something. We'll see.

2.) That is because you have it set as your home module. Since its your home module, its automatically set to everyone, or it should be. You can test this by making the module not your home module then go back to see if that option is there, it will be. Home modules must be public or else your site can't be seen by those not registered/logged in/right permissions.

Now, if you were trying to hide the news until they are logged in, then that can be easily rectified with a couple of lines of PHP so if they don't meet the requirements, it will display a message.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:06 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
You can not change the !who can view this" option for any module that is set up as the homepage module.

As for the "spoiler" bbcode, I never got around to sorting the bbcode for the homepage, i will be doing that later today "23rd Oct".
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Here is the fix for the spoiler code. All you have to do is overwrite the existing file.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Blabbing Noob
53 Posts
Thank you Guys. That seems to have done the trick.

Now, if you were trying to hide the news until they are logged in, then that can be easily rectified with a couple of lines of PHP so if they don't meet the requirements, it will display a message.

That's exactly what I need buddy.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forums ©