Goto page 1, 2  Next

● [SOLVED] form to email

Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 pm
NOOB!!!
47 Posts
im trying to get a form to email from my website ...  www.razsimracing.com ... i added fields and drop down boxes to the form and tryed editing the php file but nothing ... corpse when you get bored which i know your always busy doing something ... could you look at the form.html and send_mail.php and see what i missed please ...   thank you buddy
Sat May 25, 2019 11:48 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
do you want this separate from the website or do you want it like a module?
If this is built like a module, then I can easily have it set up to use recaptcha so you don't get spammed.
Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
47 Posts
like a module corpse ... gonna use it on my website ...
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
...ty bro

Sun May 26, 2019 3:06 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay. I will work on this over the next few days. I do want to point out a few obvious issues I have come upon.

In the feedback_form.html, you have none of the basics for a HTML page. The CSS should be in the head, and the actual system should be in the body. Here is an example of what it should look like.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>The Title of the page</title>
<style type="text/css">

Your CSS Here

</style>
</head>
<body>

Form would go in here.

</body>
</html>

Other things I found was the use of <center and <center/>. This one is a two parter. <center> is deprecated, which means is no longer a "valid" code. I wish it was because it made things easier, but, nothing I can do about it. Instead, you want to use CSS, and you can do inline if needed like,

<span style="text-align:center;"> Your Content </style>

The second issue was the closing. In HTML, the / comes before the name. So, <center/> should be </center>.

There were PHP issues in the system, but I wont get into that. I just wanted to point out two of the basics.

Sun May 26, 2019 7:46 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
47 Posts
ok corpse i appreciate it ...  i tryed but was getting frustrated after a few days i spent on it and nothing ...  im trying to teach myself but it gets a bit confusing but im trying ...  thanks for your help

Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— Rips wrote
ok corpse i appreciate it ...  i tryed but was getting frustrated after a few days i spent on it and nothing ...  im trying to teach myself but it gets a bit confusing but im trying ...  thanks for your help

N/P. Trying is what needs to be done. I just posted to point out some of the basics in the HTML that was the problem. I am still working on it, wasn't able to get much time into it today.

Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
47 Posts
ok corpse i really appreciate it ...  the wife says tyvm ...  its for her paintshop on the website to take paint requests ...  as you see ...  she thanks you

Tue May 28, 2019 4:47 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

How to you want the color to be shown? In your form, it's just an input. Do you want it that way, or do you want like a list of definded colors they can choose from, or I can use a color input which will send to you the Hex color.

Like Lime green color Hex color code is #00FF00.

Here is what I have done thus far:
Expand

That image above shows the form how it is. This next image is if they fail the recaptcha or forget to fill in the recaptcha, they see this. Note, the "!!WARNING!!" at the top does flash using CSS.

Expand

Also, do you want it to send the email to the admin email on the site, or do you want the option to plug in your own email for it to send to in the backend?
The form is done, though if there are more options that need to be added to the form, more than what was on the files you gave me, let me know. The system is pretty much done. I just need to know the email stuff then I will go from there. Once I have all the info, I will be done within hours.

Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
47 Posts
looks awesome corpse ... doesnt matter just so it works ... i would like it to be sent to her email address ...  dmpotts05@gmail.com ...  whatever you do to make it look better im sure she will love ...  thank you buddy

Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

How do you want the colors to be displayed. You want them to type in the name of the colors, or do you want the hex code?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©