● Almost time to say Goodbye to Windows 7.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:06 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Expand

Well, in less than a year, all you Windows 7 users will have to say goodbye to your favorite OS, (Operating System), and upgrade. I know many of you that come to the site here still use Windows 7 and don't want to change, but, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. On january 14, 2020, Microsoft will stop providing security upgrades and support for Windows 7. Does this mean your PC will brick at that date, the answer is no, but, you run the risk of having a lot of issues with stolen data, hackers, ect...

So, is it a smart more to upgrade? The answer is, what do you think?

Here is a video from Linus, over at LTT with more information.

So, for those of you that thought you could pay Microsoft for continuing service of the OS for a few more years, it looks like your not going to be able to do that. So, if I were you, I would considering thinking about updating soon, if not to Windows 10, then to an alternative OS.

How to maximize your privacy on Windows 10:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

How to delay Windows 10 updates:
Get registered or Log in

The upgrade utility that was mentioned is found here:
Get registered or Log in

There is another OS that is still in Alpha, so I wouldn't use it as an OS on your PC just yet, but, I would keep an eye out, and that is ReactOS.
Get registered or Log in

This OS is a free, open source operating system that mimics a lot of Windows 95 feel with more modern code.
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am
NOOB!!!
11 Posts
BEAUTY
In-Game
ARK: Survival A...

Most Played:
This week: 32.4hrs.
Total Played: 223hrs.

CoRpSE,

Thank you for this update. Can you please post this on our EID website also, to inform users of this? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Beauty

Expand
Sig Done By 0079 To Request A Sig Go To :
Get registered or Log in
Forums ©