coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Expand

Well, Evo Xtreme 2.0.9e CMS is released and available for download. I know many of you that have been waiting for the next huge release, but due to medical, Total Data corruption, and complete system failures, we are unable to release the highly anticipated release of Xtreme 3.0. Instead however, we did this release of 2.0.9E that will feature some of the changes that we were hoping for v3.

Here a number of forum threads you should read before doing anything
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Here is a list of what was changed:

• PHP 7.x complaint

• New installer to make things easier.

• GD Library completely removed and replaced with Recaptcha.

• Admin Login Fail Checker

• Downloads Module removed and replaced with the File Repository

• Admin pop-out menu added by default.

• Honeypot added in by default

• jQuery PM Popup alert added in by default

• IpHub VPN/PROXY/SERVER Blocking system installed

• Http Refers got a face lift

• Re-written System Info module

• New way of adding CSS and JS/jQuery into the system through the use of global functions.

• New Default theme added.

• Lots of changes to the backend, flies moved around and organized, and optimized. Too much to list, but it was a house cleaning that needed to happen and is still going on.

• Username Availability checker installed by default.

• AIM, ICQ, MSN, YAHOO, MYSPACE field have been removed.

• To-Top system added in by default

• Projects module removed

• Tutorials module removed

• Welcome PM now allows for a custom name to be used, so the PM will show its from someone like in my case, HSX Administration instead of showing it was from me.

• jQuery image viewing scripts added by default. "Colorbox", "Fancybox", "LC Lightbox Lite" & "Lightbox"

• Sentinel update: new locations added for IP lookup, along with a local checker built into the system.

• Event Calendar replaced by the new ECalendar module.

• Theme names globalized for the template files.

• Live news feed, keeps you up to date with everything to do with Nuke Evolution Xtreme

• Who has been, newly re-written.

• New batch of emoticons added to the forums

• New topic layout, give the forums a fresh new look

• User avatars added to forum index

• latest forum block updated.

• Evo UserInfo Block updated

• Memberlist module got a new face

• User profile got a new layout

• New default avatar added

Most of the changes have been to the backend, but we have a few new modules and replaced some of the older modules with newer version like the downloads to the File repository. Some older themes made by TheMortal, Ped, Noto, ect... may not work properly and can break stuff with the jquery they used, so those may need to be updated.
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:37 pm
Blabbing Noob
51 Posts
[ATF]Porthos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Is your discord block part of the new release or do I have to reinstall it?  Going to do a fresh install once everyone saves pics from the image host.

Expand
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— Porthos wrote
Is your discord block part of the new release or do I have to reinstall it?  Going to do a fresh install once everyone saves pics from the image host.

It is not standard since not every clan uses it. The only modules of mine that are preinstalled is my Honeypot, and the ECalendar which was made just for the release. I don't think there are any other modules, but there are a handful of mods.

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 pm
Blabbing Noob
51 Posts
[ATF]Porthos
Currently Offline

No worries. Will just install it when I go to do the steam install. lachen

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:42 am
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
Finding time to explore an update to 2.0.9e.

Been watching your video Tutorials. I would like to test things using Wampserver64, but as a new user I am struggling to find relevant guides or a simple tutorial on how to prepare Wampserver64 specifically for Evo Extreme testing. I have searched in vain through countless videos relating to wampserver64 and have at least installed it, exported my database, copied my www folder? (not sure what or how much) but thereafter I cannot find a guide pinpointing what else needs to be done - my localhost is simply not connecting to my database. It is likely I have yet to complete a few more simple steps. There are scores of guides by most are spoken in poor English accents or are skipping some basics?

Please consider making a short tutorial video limited to how to set up Wampserver for Evo Extreme testing purposes. Or even a short step by step guide.

Many Thanks
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:03 pm
Spammer
130 Posts
Zardos
Currently Offline

Hi lasermail

I think Xampp is better than Wampserver, but another one that i use is Ampps and comes with i lot of extra features, plus easy to get up and running and to manage.
Get registered or Log in
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:44 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— lasermail wrote
Finding time to explore an update to 2.0.9e.

Been watching your video Tutorials. I would like to test things using Wampserver64, but as a new user I am struggling to find relevant guides or a simple tutorial on how to prepare Wampserver64 specifically for Evo Extreme testing. I have searched in vain through countless videos relating to wampserver64 and have at least installed it, exported my database, copied my www folder? (not sure what or how much) but thereafter I cannot find a guide pinpointing what else needs to be done - my localhost is simply not connecting to my database. It is likely I have yet to complete a few more simple steps. There are scores of guides by most are spoken in poor English accents or are skipping some basics?

Please consider making a short tutorial video limited to how to set up Wampserver for Evo Extreme testing purposes. Or even a short step by step guide.

Many Thanks

I will look into that since I use Wamp a lot.

— zardos wrote
Hi lasermail

I think Xampp is better than Wampserver, but another one that i use is Ampps and comes with i lot of extra features, plus easy to get up and running and to manage.
Get registered or Log in

I originally started with Xampp and did not like it, so I tried Wamp and liked it. Granted, i think Xampp was a bit easier to install, just the features of it are not as easy to change as they are on Wampp. For example, switching PHP version on Xampp is a pain in the butt and is a struggle for people to learn. Where Wampp, you can change the PHP version on the fly, and pretty much change the enviorment faster and easier the Xampp.

As for Ampps, never heard of it, I just took a look at it and I see the most current version has PHP 7.1. That tells me that it's either not active or they are just slacking a lot, considering Wamp and Xampp comes with PHP versions 7.3 by default, and have for a while.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:03 am
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
— zardos wrote
Hi lasermail

Get registered or Log in

Thank you for the response zardos, that is very much appreciated. I downloaded both Xampp and Amppps after reading your post and had a quick look around. I  settled on sticking with wampserver.

— coRpSE wrote

I will look into that since I use Wamp a lot.

Thank you, I find your video tutorials very helpful. Looking at the updating ones I recognized the value of testing on a localhost - I have a lot of historical stuff I don`t want to lose or corrupt. If you recall I think the last time I updated my site I ended up with overlapping fragments of old and new which gave my error logs a workout.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:29 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, while making the video that was requested. I looked more into Ammps, and I highly recommend not to use Ammps. It's been 2+ years since it has been updated, and they sure don't seem to be supporting it either.

Forums ©