● Modules Administration - unwanted center down block

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
Until recently I had full control over module blocks and their position on my site. But somehow I appear to have created a problem.

The module (FAQ) I have selected as In Home is appearing as both an active module block in the Main Menu and as a Center Down block. I cannot do anything with this Center Down block. If I attempt to edit the Functions of any modules, that process hangs "loading".

I did not have this issue of an unwanted centre block until recently, I think I may have made a change to which module was in Home. But I never had anything selected that appeared as a block center down. If I select a different module for Home the same thing happens, it creates a Center Down block too. I should add just to confuse matters (for me) that the Block in question does not show at all in the Block Administration page.  

No errors appear in the error log. Probably something simple, but it has me puzzled how to fix.
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:07 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Can you send a link so I can see what your talking about? I think I know what you are doing and what's happening, but I am not 100% positive.

If you have the module "FAQ" set as your Home module, then it will automatically show on the home as a "Block" on the home page. Like if you look this site here, the news at the bottom is the Forum News module which I have set as the "Home" module, so the block at the bottom is actually just the module being displayed as the home. Every site needs to have a home module. Generally it's the news module, but the default news module to me is garbage and that's why we use the Forum News Module that Noto wrote. Lonestar and I have talked about this a few months ago and we agreed that it would probably be the next default module with the system with some tweaks and we are going to scrap the current news module.

Expand
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
Yes by description you have nailed it. PM'd you details of my website btw.

I understand what you saying and would have settled on that reason myself but for the fact that until recently I did not have a block at all in the location now occupied by FAQ - it was not in use at all, nothing was displayed from the module administration option as a center down block.

Is there one option in the list that does this perhaps?

Or maybe I had the remnant of a workaround, that I recently overwrote? I have been using nuke evolution for many years and may have picked something up from a now closed site, old version, or support group? If this is true I would of course understand if you would not be able to comment on it.  

I guess I will now have to live with it, in which case I will try to find a block that serves a better purpose or maybe just easily ignored.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:26 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

votes: 7
— lasermail wrote
Yes by description you have nailed it. PM'd you details of my website btw.

I understand what you saying and would have settled on that reason myself but for the fact that until recently I did not have a block at all in the location now occupied by FAQ - it was not in use at all, nothing was displayed from the module administration option as a center down block.

Is there one option in the list that does this perhaps?

Or maybe I had the remnant of a workaround, that I recently overwrote? I have been using nuke evolution for many years and may have picked something up from a now closed site, old version, or support group? If this is true I would of course understand if you would not be able to comment on it.  

I guess I will now have to live with it, in which case I will try to find a block that serves a better purpose or maybe just easily ignored.

It's not possible to have no module there. The system requires a module there no matter what. When you installed the CMS, by default, you have the "News" module set as default home module. What you probably had going on was you had the "News" module set as your home module and you had no news articles. If there is no news articles, then nothing will display, (well, shouldn't).

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:02 am
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
24 Posts
It was indeed as simple as that, I selected NEWS as the default home module and the center block dropped off the main page.

Thanks again...

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:38 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played: