3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
I just started on a custom Discord widget block system for the next release of Evo. It will be exclusive to that system when it comes out. I will list off a few key features of the block that will be there for you to use in the backend. Anyone and everyone knows that the Discord widget that you can use right now from Discord has some limitations, like, colors, and size. With the colors, you have a option of light and dark. The size is also an issue because it can stretch themes or just not fit on side blocks because it is so wide.

With that in mind, I am coding this system to be sleeker and more friendly to the themes by being slimming it up a bit. Overall, I want to bring the control over to the users to how it is going to look on their sites.

Key Features:
  • Ability to theme if to match your site from the ACP
  • Having it automatically see if it is a side or center block and adjust its size parameters as well as the overall look
  • Ability to either show all channels all the time, (occupied and empty channels), or, only show occupied channels
  • Ability to broadcast a message to a specific text channel of your choosing, (using the webhook in discord).
  • backend setting to add those who are admins on your discord so it will show on your block that they are admin.
  • When in game, it will show that you are in game and if you mouse over the user, it will display the name of the game they are playing. (I am doing it this way because os size constraints.
  • Short video tutorials on each section that will confuse people.

This is a WIP and for those that are wondering, yes, I already started it. I will be contacting lonestar in the next week on some info that I will need before this can be finished, but I am nowhere near that point ATM since I just started coding this a couple of hours ago. Been busy with figuring out what features I wanted and how i wanted to set up everything. I know this has been a project that has been asked for in the past, and nobody has stepped up to fill this void. I really personally don't use Discord, so, I may look for a few testers when it comes to that point.

If you guys have any request or suggestions, feel free to post in this thread and NOW is the time to do it. When I am further along, I will post some images for you to look at. Maybe during a live stream I do, I may touch bases on it and give a sneak peek and take suggestions there.

Update 9/11/2018

Okay, im done. Here are some screenshots of the final product. Thanks to Sporadic of
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
for some design changes and additions to the system.

Block:
Expand

Admin side:
Expand

Update 9/24/2018:

I decided that I am going to release this ASAP for those that want to use this. I was thinking originally that I wanted to release this with the next release of the CMS, but I decided against that because not everyone uses Discord and I would feel that it would be wasteful to implement it right in the system. So, this morning, over the past 4 hours, I wrote up an installer for the system. This system will be the easiest system I have ever developed to install. All you need to do is upload the files, go into the ACP and click on discord. It will install itself and it will then proceed to delete its installer, then you are good to go. Trying out something new that I have never done before, but have thought about for the past few years, just never tried till now. If your interested in this system, please let me know and I will get you the script and you can test it and let me know if it installed and is working right for you. If all is good, and I get enough test in, then I will release it publically.
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Okay, I have the general functionality of it and mostly done with the looks of the front end, mind you that this image is of the sideblock version I am working on.

Expand
Click on image to enlarge

I will need the assistance of someone if possible. Only 3 requirements is needed.
  1. A very active Discord channel
  2. Needs to have a bot on there
  3. Willing to give me some information, (for testing purposes only).

If your willing to help out, then I will be willing to give you the script first and have it on your site before the next release of the CMS. Of course, you will only get the script once I am done. I will install it onto your site so I don't have to write a readme or anything, and I will walk you through the settings once I am at that point. If you're interested, send me a PM on this site.

UPDATE 8/22

Here are some new image of where I am so you can see the progress that is happening. I am almost done with both the looks. This image is a couple of screenshots to show off both the center and the side blocks.

Expand

Again, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:31 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Looks good so far lachen
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:54 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

thanks. I have already ran into issues with size restraints, since some themes out there have side blocks of 160px or less, and trying to get things that small is a pain while keeping it legible. So, for the side block, its either tell everyone to have a min width on their side, or I had to remove some features on the side block vs the center version, and that's what I did. Now, for the side block, it will not display if they are muted or not, and admins have a icon instead of the ADM, and this was done in an attempt not to have a left and right scroll. I am also going to put in a character limit on channel names and usernames so if they go over the limit, it will display a "...", or I will just remove the avatar from next to their name in the channel listing and just have it under the "Online" members, not really sure yet. Still playing around with it and hoping I find someone with a busy Discord with a bot that will be able to help me out.

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 pm
NOOB!!!
37 Posts
If you need a test server let me know.  Have 300 members and bots but not alot of voice activity.
Get registered or Log in
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Thanks.

Just an update. I believe I am done with the side block. Now to start on the center block. Some changes needed to happen, and unfortunately to the side block. Due to many themes out there having side blocks at 170px and not the preferred 200px, I had to remove some of the info that displays on the side block. Don't worry, if you want all the bells and whistles, then use the center block version.

But the new side block now looks like this image:
Expand

As you can see, I removed that avatar/statues from the left of the name, and I also removed the deafen and muted icons. Those will only show up on the center block. Also, I replaced the ADM with a icon. The ADM will be shown in the center, but not the side, just the icon.

I tried having the text go smaller, but when I got it any smaller than it is now, it was just hard to read. So, this was determined by me and Reggie ot be the best course of action. Just noted, this is only the side block and I won't have those issues with the center block.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Well as for themes it is quite simple as you know to make the block sizes bigger, should not be a problem to fix.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 pm
NOOB!!!
2 Posts
Great idea! i can also help you or test it,
i have active discord channel with 2 bots
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:56 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

I updated my second post with a new screenshot of the side and center block of the same server. Just look for the text saying UPDATE 8/22 is yellow text.

If you're wondering, yes, this is already built into 1 file which uses some different styles and a little bit of different coding controlled by a
Get registered or Log in
, within the URL. This still needs to go a bit of a clean up before I even work on the backend, but now you can see how the front end is coming along.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 am
Blabbing Noob
51 Posts
[ATF]Porthos
Currently Offline

Doesn't like playing games!
Looking good man. Of course we expect nothing less from you lol

Expand
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Forums ©