Goto page Previous  1, 2

● Evolution Xtreme Download Blocks

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:53 pm
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Hello ...

I didn't make a new thread regarding this being that it has to do with the Download Module I am currently using.

I recently noticed all of my downloads are set where it is visible and available to all visitors even though I had it set at:

1. Submission Permission to Admin only;
2. Only Registered Members would have access to the downloads; and
3. Only Registered Members are able to view the files

Well, I noticed several of my files were missing but I later found them in another category where it was available for anyone to download.

My question is ... how do I revert back to the old download module please?

Thanks for your time.
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Honestly, you are using the old system.

as for your list of things you have wrong,
  1. It is working. The only one I see as a non-member on the site is the Category "Non-categorized Resource Items" where I can submit a resource, all others are hidden. As a registered member, I can only see 3, (Non-categorized Resource Items, Images Uncategorized, and Textures & Backgrounds), and all others are hidden from being able to add.
  2. Well, number 2 and 3 are the same thing, and it is also working. I go into your download as not logged in and I see this message,
    File Access Denied!
    This file can be viewed by
    Registered Users Only
    . But if you really want to lock down your downloads so only registered users can see it, you would go into your ACP->Modules and find the downloads module in that listing. From there, on the right you would click on "Edit", and change the "Who can View This?" to Registered Users Only.

But, overall, you are using the old system. If your looking to revert back to the even older system, then you will need to grab the files from the Download of the CMS and put those on your site. If your looking to use the latest version, then you would want to download and install Lonestars File Repository, found here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

At this moment in time, he does not have a conversion script released to port your tables over, so you would need to recreate all that categories and subcategories again and put in all the downloads again there. The other thing you can do is just get your current system to how it should be and make sure its installed correctly and configured correctly.

Expand
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 am
Original Poster
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
I apologize for not viewing the thread like I should have.  Somehow, which is really weird I was able to go in and change the settings and then it saved the changes and everything went back to normal.  

Thanks for your reply and breakdown, Corpse.  I appreciate the time and consideration you give dealing with my noobiness   big grin

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forums ©