Goto page Previous  1, 2

● Fresh Arcade install

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm
NOOB!!!
16 Posts
hi,
the arcade mod has always been a major part of my websites, altough these days its nothing more then a small hobby for me, but still verry important.

i agree the end is near for flash, but personally i think it will not end within 2 years,( probably 4 years)
but yes it will end.

so even considering to update the mod would be a waste of time but to many people it would mean a lot.

so what im going to ask is not ment in a disrespective way,...

i know you (corpse and lonestar and a few others) doing a lot of work to keep evolution-xtreme alive
but the main site (evolution-xtreme.com) doesnt show the full potential of this CMS anymore (it looks more and more like a dead horse)

security updates for php 5.6 will end in december 2018(maybe a little longer because its the last 5 version)

i know theres a lot of talk about a new version of evolution xtreme.

so to get to my question, is there a future for evolution-xtreme, and how will it look like.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Thanks for the replies Oh Dreaded One!  

Well, there's still 2 years of Flash Arcade which is cool.  So no more Arcade games because of Flash, sucks big time man...

Peace!
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— hp201 wrote
hi,
the arcade mod has always been a major part of my websites, altough these days its nothing more then a small hobby for me, but still verry important.

i agree the end is near for flash, but personally i think it will not end within 2 years,( probably 4 years)
but yes it will end.

so even considering to update the mod would be a waste of time but to many people it would mean a lot.

so what im going to ask is not ment in a disrespective way,...

i know you (corpse and lonestar and a few others) doing a lot of work to keep evolution-xtreme alive
but the main site (evolution-xtreme.com) doesnt show the full potential of this CMS anymore (it looks more and more like a dead horse)

security updates for php 5.6 will end in december 2018(maybe a little longer because its the last 5 version)

i know theres a lot of talk about a new version of evolution xtreme.

so to get to my question, is there a future for evolution-xtreme, and how will it look like.

PHP 5.6 is going to continue to get security updates until December 31, 2018. Even after they are done supporting it, web host still should provide access for it for a few more years. As of Flash, that does have a definite EOL which is in less than 3 years. In my previous post, I put a link to FireFox's roadmap with Flash, and Google and Edge are the same. As soon as Flash is no longer supported by Adobe, which is at the end of the year 2020, they, (the web browsers), will no longer support it. With this said, I had pushed the suggestion to Lonestar to remove the Arcade from the next version of Evo Xtreme, just because, in less than 3 years, nobody is going to be able to play it. Who knows if there will ever be something to replace it, maybe there will be someday using HTML5.

Note:
May offer the Arcade as a separate addon system for whoever wants it, but once its gone, its gone. At the end of 2020, flash is officially dead.

As for the future of Evo Xtreme, I can give you a little insight to what is coming. Profile and Your_Account module completely removed and replaced with Module. I just finished a proof for a new Steam system for user profile, so you will be able to link your steam profile to your profile. Here is the proof I made:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Forums have been modified where now, instead of using bbcode, there will be a more modern text editor. Backend of the admin side of the forums I believe is being modified. There are other things being done, but that is just a few I can think of.

As for the look, that is up to the theme developer. We are looking to find someone to create a new default theme for Xtreme. A more modern look. I am not a theme developer, so I can't. I am going to go through some of the default blocks and modules as well as Lonestar and we are going to try updating some of them as well. but there is not much more I can say because I just don't know what's done and what's not.

Sources:

FireFox Roadmap:
Get registered or Log in

PHP Supported Versions:
Get registered or Log in

— MAGNET wrote
Thanks for the replies Oh Dreaded One!  

Well, there's still 2 years of Flash Arcade which is cool.  So no more Arcade games because of Flash, sucks big time man...

Peace!

yeah, but maybe there will be something made for HTML5 games in the future.

Expand
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:04 am
NOOB!!!
16 Posts
thank you for your answer, as i read it its not just a good update but a complete overhaul of the existing evolution xtreme.

ofcourse i hope something new will emerge to replace the old arcade, imho a cms needs a good arcade big grin

i also think its a good idea to route the cms in the gamers direction, altough its important not to forget the people who use the cms for other purposes.

yet again thank you for your response.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forums ©