coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Expand

Well, as many of you know, our clan here was founded on RTCW. Well, for fun, I installed RTCW on my PC, (Windows 10), and found that RTCW will NOT work on Win 7 - Win 10. So I did research and found how to get it to work. So if you guys have the game already, below you will find how to get it to work with modern OS. If you guys down own the game and have $5 to spare to have some fun in Single Player, then you can get it off of steam for $5 here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Okay, well, here is what you need to get it to work on your Win 10, also have the updated resolutions that were not found in the original RTCW.

1. First, download the attached file from this post, (rtcw-sp-1.42d-win32-bin.zip).

2. Now to install, you need to just extract this archive into your Return to Castle Wolfenstein folder. Well, if you installed the game VIA the disk like I did, I just went to;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Platinum Edition

But, your copy may just be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Return to Castle Wolfenstein

If you have bought the game through steam, the click "LIBRARY" at the top and select games, so you see your full list of games, then mouse over RTCW and RIGHT click on "Properties". Once in there, click on the "Local Files" tab then click on "Browse Local Files" button.

Now all you need to do is extract the files into that folder. Really, all you need to do is extract the folder called Main, and the cgamex86.dll, qagamex86.dll, uix86.dll, and WolfSP.exe.

3. Now, we are almost ready. The last step is to prevent an error of loading the game for the first time,
    "Cannot write to hunkusage.dat"

This fix will prevent that.
    1. In Windows Explorer right click the game directory, usually it is:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Return to Castle Wolfenstein (same place you dropped the files into...).
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Select the Edit Button.
    5. Look for and select your login name in the list. Something like:
      Users (Username-PC\Users)
    6. Under Permissions for Users, Select Full Control, and then the Apply Button.

4. Now, Go play the game and Enjoy!!!

That is all that you need to do to play the SP version of the game. I may do a write up for the MP listings.

Enjoy.

Resources came from here:
Get registered or Log in

Editor's Note:

Stop by my stream on Thursday for "Throwback Thursdays" where I will be streaming RTCW SP live till I beat the game.
Get registered or Log in

Expand
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Clan Leader
No Life!!!
347 Posts
Can you shoulder and aim down the sights in this game with your MP-40 or other rifles? Looks like everything is fired from the hip....

Expand
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
— Spartacus1968 wrote
Can you shoulder and aim down the sights in this game with your MP-40 or other rifles? Looks like everything is fired from the hip....

Hip fire only except for the sniper rifle, that is the only gun you aim down sight with, (through the scope).

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 pm
Clan Leader
No Life!!!
347 Posts
Ahhh Ok....

Forums ©