● Honeypot question

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:27 pm
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
Hello-
  I recently installed HP v2.1 and works great, no more bot take overs HA
one question I do have though is I get this message when I go into the admin/config.

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/missour/public_html/admin/modules/honeypot.php on line 635

and on new user registration I get this after the form is complete and you click next to register

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/missour/public_html/includes/honeypot/hp_confirm.php on line 31

any help would be greatly appreciated. Again this has not prevented the mod to work or user reg. I just don't like errors HAH

I'm running Nuke-Extreme:
CMS Version 2.0.9d
PHP Version 5.2.17
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
MySQL Version 5.0.92-community

thank you
Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:32 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Okay, there are a few things that can be done that should resolve this. Lets try this first. If you have access to your php.ini file, set safe_mode = Off and clear / disable open_base_dir. You will need to search that file. If you don't have access to the php.ini file, you should be able to contact your host and ask them. If you have to contact your host, just let them know that its causing an error with a security script to stop bots from registering on your site, and the script requires you to use a curl. They should understand.

If that don't work, let me know.

Expand
Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
I will give that a shot this weekend and let you know what happens.

thank you much

Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

n/p

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:30 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
hello again corpse, apologies for the long time to reply, but I have contacted the host. safe mode is off, but now I get this error when trying to load the page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function main_module() in /home/missour/public_html/index.php on line 102

not sure what to change on this. any help appreciated.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:39 am
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

When are you getting that error?
Is the module fully installed?
If installed, are you able to go into the ACP->Nuke Honeypot (eg. www.Your_Site.com/admin.php?op=honeypot) and once in there, are you able to change and edit the settings?

If all that, can you register a test account and see if you can pass all the HP checks?

Another thing you can try, and this is a very long shot because I don't know where that is being effected, but open up public_html/admin/modules/honeypot.php and on line 1195, you will see this:

PHP:  [ Select all ]

global $prefix$db$module_name

Change it to;

PHP:  [ Select all ]

global $prefix$db

I doubt that will make a difference, but worth a try.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 pm
Original Poster
NOOB!!!
4 Posts
I will try these and let you know of a fix if any. I know it's hard to determine the cause without seeing the code. I'll keep you updated.

thank you again!

Forums ©