Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 42.6hrs.
Total Played: 767hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
I say we just put it to a vote, But a lot of people like Evolution Xtreme, this been why they use it.

But as i say, Put it to a vote.

Expand
Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 pm
Blabbing Noob
83 Posts
Good luck with everything it sounds like a plan. ("..boutime" Corpse) lol

Expand
Fri May 13, 2016 2:07 pm
NOOB!!!
37 Posts
I'm thinking if you guys started from scratch and made your own CMS it would kick ass!
Fri May 13, 2016 11:46 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.0hrs.
Total Played: 385hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
Well, I just finished another update to the registration on my testsite that removed the middle section all together. Now, as soon as they click the URL in the email, and they end up on your site, that's it, they are registered and they will get to go to wherever they wanted. I also fixed a few bugs like the default usergroup not working for an example. There is still a lot that needs to be done, but with this change, I do remove one file all together from the CMS. Now one I get everything working, it will be time to clean it up a bit more.

As for doing the rest of the module, I will see what i can do. I know the backend can use some sprucing up a bit. The problem is finding what is actually still used and what is now moved to the "Profile" mod which uses the files from the includes folder. Not really sure where to go with it.

Expand
Sat May 14, 2016 1:09 pm
Blabbing Noob
83 Posts
Lonestar: "One major change has to be the new default theme, We are in need of a new on of anyone is up for making it."

I wish i knew enough code to help. I can build sites in htm/css and cut and paste jquery but i know nothing of php. I have rethemed existing sites. I hope evo moves away from slicing (killigans tut on themeing) and uses CSS more. Most of the theme images can be duplicated using CSS. On my test site i only used them for the header logo and any back ground images. all the containers and drop down menu effects are HTML/CSS and jquery. I then adapted an evo extreme theme to look very similar because i cant code dynamic sites.

Maybe I can help with some of the site graphics. Here is a logo that i made. Should work on most colour back grounds im showing it on a black and a white bg in the logo.gif.

Expand

(ps. can you make a spell checker for the forums please guys lachen

Sat May 14, 2016 4:40 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 42.6hrs.
Total Played: 767hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
In the future I am hoping to make all themes sprites, this way only 1 to 3 images will need to be loaded, this will save a lot of time on page load times, I have tried my best to make all my modules use sprites, i find it a lot easier to manage.

Coding a theme is more or less the easy it the designing I find most difficult, I have never been very good at designing.

If I had time I would teach myself, but with every thing at home and the time taken to create/update my modules I can never find time lol.

If you ant to attempt to design a theme, I can code it for you.

As for the spell checker I am sure there is a mod out there already, i will see if I can track it down.

Sat May 14, 2016 5:29 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3017 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 100.0hrs.
Total Played: 385hrs.

YOU NEED A LIFE!
votes: 7
At one time, I used this:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

I was able to code that into the CMS with little effort, its just been years since I had it. I know Noto, on his site, uses it and still works great.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Forums ©