3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
I been talking for many years that a new way of registering on the site, (Using email verification), needed to be done. Thus far all I have done was talked about it. Well, over the past week, I finally stopped talking about it and really dug into it. I found that Evo Xtreme actually has two submissions area's for registration. This is what was confusing me for a while because the links I was getting were different and I finally found that when you first register, the email that is send will send you to the "Profile" module, which pulls files from the includes folder. But, if you resend the email, the second email will point to the "Your_Account" folder.

Well, after fiddling, I was able to make it so it just sends from one, and from there I was able to do a alpha version of what I was talking about. You can see it in action watching the example video below.

I will continue to work on this and hopefully get something out to the public.

Here is a video example:

Expand
Thu May 12, 2016 2:26 pm
NOOB!!!
37 Posts
— coRpSE wrote
I been talking for many years that a new way of registering on the site, (Using email verification), needed to be done. Thus far all I have done was talked about it. Well, over the past week, I finally stopped talking about it and really dug into it. I found that Evo Xtreme actually has two submissions area's for registration. This is what was confusing me for a while because the links I was getting were different and I finally found that when you first register, the email that is send will send you to the "Profile" module, which pulls files from the includes folder. But, if you resend the email, the second email will point to the "Your_Account" folder.

Well, after fiddling, I was able to make it so it just sends from one, and from there I was able to do a alpha version of what I was talking about. You can see it in action by registering an account on my test site:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

I will continue to work on this and hopefully get something out to the public.

Very Cool!
Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— Sp0rAdiC wrote
Very Cool!

Thanks.

I just added a video example that goes over it a bit.

Thu May 12, 2016 7:15 pm
NOOB!!!
37 Posts
— coRpSE wrote

Thanks.

I just added a video example that goes over it a bit.

Nice! I did register on your test site with no probs...

Thu May 12, 2016 10:34 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Yeah, well, tonight I was able to squash one bug, but I will deal with the others tomorrow. It may be best for me just to re-write this system from the ground up and make it one file so when you click the link, it does everything at once and give you the options to do one of the two things. When i have a clear head, I will look into it.

Fri May 13, 2016 4:40 am
NOOB!!!
30 Posts
Nice coRpSE.

It's been a problem for a long time with the CMS.

I must admit since using the HoneyPot I don't use the e-mail activation anymore and never had
any problems with registrations since, but for users that still use the e-mail activation this will
be a god send to them.

Expand

Its not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.
Fri May 13, 2016 5:33 am
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
— coRpSE wrote
Yeah, well, tonight I was able to squash one bug, but I will deal with the others tomorrow. It may be best for me just to re-write this system from the ground up and make it one file so when you click the link, it does everything at once and give you the options to do one of the two things. When i have a clear head, I will look into it.

This was my thinking too, I suggest a full re-write of the Your_Account module, it has been a long time coming, TBH, Quite a few areas need over hauling/re-done.

I suggest we start working on those things and once complete release them as the new version of xtreme 2.0.9e as a lot of work will have been done.

Here are a few suggestions i can think of that need to done.

Overhaul the Forums admin, in all honesty, it crap, has been from day one.
    Overhaul the Your_Account module, again its crap.
    Overhaul the Theme Admin give the users more control over the coloring/modifying of themes, will need collaboration from TheMortal and Crysis on this one.
    Take out all the useless modules that come default with Xtreme, There is a lot in the that no-one uses.
    Remove the downloads module and use my File Repository instead
    Make the Image Repository a default install and add hwo to use this and the File Repository into the FAQ module
    Clean up all the forum coding as it is a mess, and re-do the attachments mod to work similar to my File & Image Repository
    Integrate Steam and Facebook logins if possible, i know a lot of time will be spent doing just this part.
    Take out these horrible bbcode button and replace with a more efficient system, say SCEditor or CKEditor, An argument can be made for both
    Once the forums has been overhauled, Give the user an ability to create their own bbcode's just like MyBB has done.
    One major change has to be the new default theme, We are in need of a new on of anyone is up for making it.

Expand
Fri May 13, 2016 8:22 am
NOOB!!!
37 Posts
— Lonestar wrote

This was my thinking too, I suggest a full re-write of the Your_Account module, it has been a long time coming, TBH, Quite a few areas need over hauling/re-done.

I suggest we start working on those things and once complete release them as the new version of xtreme 2.0.9e as a lot of work will have been done.

Overhaul the Theme Admin give the users more control over the coloring/modifying of themes, will need collaboration from TheMortal and Crysis on this one.
    Take out all the useless modules that come default with Xtreme, There is a lot in the that no-one uses.
    Make the Image Repository a default install and add hwo to use this and the File Repository into the FAQ module
    Clean up all the forum coding as it is a mess, and re-do the attachments mod to work similar to my File & Image Repository
    Integrate Steam and Facebook logins if possible, i know a lot of time will be spent doing just this part.
    Take out these horrible bbcode button and replace with a more efficient system, say SCEditor or CKEditor, An argument can be made for both
    Once the forums has been overhauled, Give the user an ability to create their own bbcode's just like MyBB has done.
    One major change has to be the new default theme, We are in need of a new on of anyone is up for making it.

Wow! That would be a MAJOR overhaul but you guys would breathe new life into xtreme.

Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 am
NOOB!!!
30 Posts
— Sp0rAdiC wrote
— Lonestar wrote

Wow! That would be a MAJOR overhaul but you guys would breathe new life into xtreme.

I totally agree with Sp0rAdiC big job but if anyone can do it its definetily u2.

Fri May 13, 2016 12:33 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

— Lonestar wrote
— coRpSE wrote

I agree, that a lot needs to be done. but would it be best to fix all these area and come out with another release or start over with something fresh?
I know with the "Your_Account" module, I don't know what they were doing with it, but they literally split it. They basically took it and made another version called "Profile" which I don't understand. I will continue to mess with it a bit.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©