3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
First, if your new to coding, this will be way over your head. At that point, if this is something you really want, look near the bottom on having me install this for you.

Because of some new code changes that have happened with YouTube, the media panel that I have on my site here and many of you have gotten from me will not longer work correctly. Changes have been made to fix this, but they are no small changes. I pretty much had to put in a whole new system for this to work. Before asking me for the script, I recommend you taking a shot at it and try doing it your self first for it is can be a bit of a pain to get to work nicely.

I will provide you with all the resources to get this done and info on what you need to do, but if it comes down to it and you can't get it, I will help you, but, I will not install it for you free. I will give you the files, you just need to do the necessary code edits, registration, white listing, ect... your self. You may need to do some modifying also to get it to work on your site.

The reason I am doing this is to get you guys to think on your own and try to problem solve and learn how to search for answers. But I know some of you are lost and really don't have the want to learn the coding aspect which is fine, that's what we are hear for. The other reason for the small surcharge for putting the script on your site is to help with keeping our community here going but as well pay for the time that I put into this script. There was allot to this system that I did not know and I had to spend many hours researching and coding to get it to work correctly.

If you like to donate just for the hell of it and you were able to get this script working on your own, it is greatly appreciated. Well, lets get on with it.

How do I install this my self?

Okay, first area that your going want to start is registering on
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
, and creating a new project and create a API for that project. To do that you must do the following in order.

1. Go to the link above and register or sign in.
  2. At the top, there should be a drop down, possibly a popup may happen where you can create a "Create a Project". If no popup or anything, then look at the drop down in the upper left and there should be a option to "Create a Project". When you create a new project, it will ask you for a project name, call it something like "youtube-playlist", or something like that.
  3. Once you do that, you should come to a page where there are options on the left side of your screen. At this point, you NEED to click on "APIs & auth", then under that click on "APIs". Now look for the category called "YoutUbe APIs", and under that, you will see "YouTube Data API". Click that and at the top, your will see a button that says Enable APIs, click that.
  4. Once you do that, now on the left under that APIs button you clicked, you will see one called "Credentials". Click that and you will now see under"Public API access" a blue button that says "Create new Key". Click that and select Browser key. For testing purposes, you can leave this blank, but more and likely, you will be putting this on your live site, of if that is the case, put in the URL of your site.

An example of what I put in for my key is as follows:

Code: [ Select all ]

.headshotdomain.net/
    http://www.headshotdomain.net/
    Get registered or Log in
    Get registered or Log in

The reason for the folder called public is because that is a sub folder of where I was testing my coding. Well, once you finish that, you will get a API key that will look sort of like this:

API key:  AIzaSyCPFVtRnc8YCrzjjPI2gyzOChO7pNfirmI

Save that because you will need it for later.

Okay, now that is all done, onto the hard part. Below, attached to this post is the original media player slide down that I have on this site except that the ORIGINAL player that came with the slide DOES NOT WORK anymore. So what your going to need to do is in-cooperate the player onto the slide. Granted this also means that the README that comes with the play for the most part does not work. Only the file location will be the same, but other than that, it does not mean much.

Here is a link to the players project:
Get registered or Log in

If you look at the comments, you will see a couple that I made when I got stuck. The original author of the script pointed me in the right direction to do the necessary edits I wanted and I provided those edits here:
Get registered or Log in

Those edits are what I did to resize it a little and work for how I wanted it to work. The trick now is to get it to work on your site and in the slider. This is where I ran into some issues and made it the reason I went the direction I went to make it work for what I needed on here.

The direction I went was I removed most of the files from the original slide menu. In the provided files below, all those files you don't need are removed already.
I did not update the instructions in the attached file for nothing really has changed.

Now, that you have all the files you need, the final step that I did was I moved the files of the player and merged those into the same folders of the slide panel and fixed all the links to match the new locations. Once I did that, I put the player, pretty much what you see
Get registered or Log in
, and I put that into a IFRAME in the slidepanel.html.

Now, I just gave you everything to do this, and all the information that will allow you to do this your self, have at it and good luck.

Please, I will give little support for this. This will be a matter of you learning to use ask, google, or bing or your favorite search engine to help you.

DO NOT EXPECT any support for this at ClanThemes or Evo Xtremes site. This has nothing to do with the CMS so support will be next to nothing. Like I said, I will provide a little here but this is more of a training lesson for you guys to learn how to search and figure out stuff on your own.

Can you install this for me?

Now, for those that don't want to attempt this and have me do it, I have a min fixed price I will install this for you, but you still need to get the API key your self and also the link to the youtube playlist. For me to install it is as follows.

$10 per website and 1 theme.
Each additional theme will cost $1.

So if you have a site and you have 5 themes, it will cost a min of $15 to install this for you. I will not maintain it for you, but I will install it and if I have to update it on my site, then I will give out the updates that I do for you free.

Again, if you donate more to us, it is very appreciated.

Expand
Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm
NOOB!!!
30 Posts
Thanks for this coRpSe I think I will be putting this on my site in the
next few days, I appreciate it.

Can I ask is there a way to make the youtube vids play in HD automatically?

I looked at the files but can't see anything in there.

I know how to do it just need to location of the code to be able to do it,
only if you don't mind that is mate.

P.S. Also your readme.txt file says you need to change the xml/gallery.xml file and this is
not provided in the download of the files?

Expand

Its not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.
Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:25 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
In-Game
The Isle

Most Played:
This week: 77.8hrs.
Total Played: 192hrs.

votes: 7
Read the first post, the highlighted red areas. I just highlighted them so they stand out more.
I just want to point out, this is difficult to do, but for the most part, what I go over and give should make it much easier to put on.

As for your question about playing the video's in HD, the answer is no. Google has not implemented a way for playlist to play video's in HD like what was done for the individual video's.

Forums ©