3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
As the title says. I created two new mods for our forums. There are a total of 3 new buttons. First I will talk about is the sticky note...

Expand
[fr:695d1edd44][sn:695d1edd44]This is a sticky note.
Just a way to make a note that you feel may be more important then other things.

Enjoy!!![/sn:695d1edd44][/fr:695d1edd44]
That image there is the sticky note button. If you press it once, then type a message, then press it again, it will put the message into a sticky note just like you see off to the right.
You can also type a short message, then highlight it and then press the sticky note button and it will add the bbcode for your around the message you want to display.

You may also notice that the text is wrapping around it instead of being above it or below it, that is because I am using the other new button I developed called a float button.

Expand & Expand

Those are the float buttons. you would only want to use this with images, sticky notes, videos only. I hope you like these new buttons, took a few days to develop and I am releasing them over at clan themes. I mostly wrote this post as a demonstration but also to help you guys with knowing what they re and what they do.

If you don't see them, you may have to clear your browsers cache...

Expand
Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm
NOOB!!!
26 Posts
[fl:98e30b4273][sn:98e30b4273]This is a real nice mod.Thanks for the great work, I like it
Go HeadShot[/sn:98e30b4273][/fl:98e30b4273]
Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

thanks...

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 am
NOOB!!!
26 Posts
I am just using a random pic here

[fl:6d6dac26b7]Expand[/fl:6d6dac26b7]Notice how the test starts right next to the pic.
Looks kinda weird
When you get a post with allot of text it looks even worse.
Is there a way to leave a gap between the pic and the text ?
Float right works just fine, just float left has the issue

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:11 pm
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

Overall, you can add a padding to the css that would do that for you. Overall, I guess if you really don't know how to use floats in a manor to make it look right, I can see where your coming from. With this example I am writing to you, [fl:77ea6473e5]Expand[/fl:77ea6473e5] I am using your image and just writing out a text section to show you how technically you should be using the float system. Floats are something I have used allot back when I was doing those center info module and it was really nice when you was having allot of text that would fill out the side because it would eventually wrap under the image or what ever you were floating the complete the look.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. [fr:77ea6473e5][sn:77ea6473e5]this is just a test thread so don't mind this. This is more of just showing how it works with the padding.[/sn:77ea6473e5][/fr:77ea6473e5] Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding. Now I am going to fill up this area with worthless babble to show, then I will show you how to or what you will need to do to add in the padding.

All you need to do is go into your themes style.css, and where you see:

Code: [ Select all ]

.floatr
      {
         float: right;
      }

.floatl
      {
         float: left;
      }

just change that to:

Code: [ Select all ]

.floatr
      {
         float: right;
         padding-top:10px;
         padding-bottom:10px;
         padding-right:10px;
         padding-left:10px;
      }

.floatl
      {
         float: left;
         padding-top:10px;
         padding-bottom:10px;
         padding-right:10px;
         padding-left:10px;
      }

that's it.

I think that is what your asking about.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 pm
NOOB!!!
26 Posts
Thanks for the fix Dread, much appreciated.

Happy Holidays, Be safe  lachen

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

I also just re-read your statement, You also want to put the image in mid paragraph of the first or second paragraph so that will create the illusion of it wrapping around. All text before the float will be the text on top and all after it will be the text wrapping around it.

Play around with it for a bit and try different locations to see where the image will start its float and you will understand what I am talking about.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:16 pm
NOOB!!!
26 Posts
I will take a look, Im still trying to keep unwanted visitors off my site, if you know what I mean. It's a constant battle.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 am
Original Poster
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

I hear ya...

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 pm
Blabbing Noob
64 Posts
Nice job as usual Dreaded dude!

Using your concept, I'm able to create a panel for my tutorials and advertising.  Wouldn't have been able to figure it out without you!!

Go HeadShot
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Forums ©