● FILE REPOSITORY Error Message and Other Problems

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:59 pm
Spammer
113 Posts
Hey Corpse hi, I have download and upload Lonestar; FILE REPOSITORY, and the additional requirement files too. The additions REQUIRED FILE/PLUGINS:
FANCYBOX:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

JQUERY UPDATES:  http://www.headshotdomain.net/modules.php?name=File_Repository&action=view&did=24

I have gone along with your you tube video and read the readme instructions and made the chances too. This the video that I've followed:

A message came up after I upload it into my website the installation is successfully installed and that i need to remove the install.php. so I did.
When I click on my website top of the main page where is has these tabs; Home, Forums, Files, Accounts.
Ive click on the files tab as in your you tube video shows, it goes to the old download and not the new FILE REPOSITORY.  

I am having problems with the following in the ADD A CATEGORY the color box;
It does not bring up the automatic color selections to chose.

And I am having problems with the add file Color box, and the Show Local Files;
The color Box its the same problem as mention above.
The Show Local Files do not respond when I click on it.

Note: I've drag and drop a zip file into the /modules/File_Repository/files.
When I click in the Show Local Files again it do not respond when i click on it to search for this file that I have drag and drop into the /modules/File_Repository/files. So I uploaded it manually.
The File uploaded successfully.
But when I tried to test it by downloading it, it gave me this error message;

ERROR
Sorry, but there occurred an error during the download.

We marked the Download as broken. Our Team will check this Download as soon as possible.

I've reread the readme again and double check it and it looks okay.. I must be really stupid and dumb.

Can you tell me what am I doing wrong please?

Thanks Corpse

Expand

Expand

Ghostwarrior
Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:14 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 77.7hrs.
Total Played: 195hrs.

There is life outside of the game.
votes: 7
Okay, first, the nav at the top, is part of your theme, and you will need to update the links yourself. Usually, you can do this by just going into your ACP -> Theme Management and click the image to the right of your themes that is for "Edit" and you should be able to change the one that looks like

modules.php?name=Downloads

and change it to:

modules.php?name=File_Repository

As for the other stuff, double check your edits, and I hope your not using plain notepad to do the edits. Also make sure all the files were uploaded to the correct area's. Try clearing both your sites cache and your browser's cache. Once you do that, let me know.

Expand
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:30 am
Original Poster
Spammer
113 Posts
Hey Corpse thanks for the info. Okay I'll do that and recheck everything this afternoon when I get home from work, n I'll let you know okay!...
I leave in Hawaii -10 HST Zone..

Ghostwarrior

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:39 pm
Nuke Dev / Coder
98 Posts
Lonestar
Currently Offline

Most Played:
This week: 46.5hrs.
Total Played: 704hrs.

Don't get much, huh?
Also when adding a category, If you press F12 on your keyboard it will open the developer console, This will also show you any jquery edits that may be occurring.

Expand
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:36 pm
Original Poster
Spammer
113 Posts
Hey Coprse, I went over to LoneStar forums and left a thread in it for him about this problem. Corpse this the thread that ive post in it;

Hi LoneStar, I have installed your File Repository into my website and made the changes that you have required places. Everything has been successful, the Add File and Category upload good, but when I go download a file it gives me an Error Message;  ERROR - Sorry, but there occurred an error during the download.

We marked the Download as broken. Our Team will check this Download as soon as possible.

I am not sure what and what areas I did wrong! Can you assist me please?

Thanks

Corpse, in the top of your head do you have any ideas? Thanks Corpse

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:51 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

check to make sure that the files that are being uploaded are actually be uploaded.

Go to public_html/modules/File_Repository/files/ and make sure the files are being uploaded. Then, in the system, make sure the name of the file matches the name of the file in the folder.

EDIT:
I see Lonestar had the same thought I was having which is the folder permissions not being right.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm
Original Poster
Spammer
113 Posts
okay Corpse, I am in the File Repository admin, and at the top center below the File Repository Administration words it has this right below it it has this message; Sorry, Could not process XML Data.

Is that need to be installed and if so where would I find it? In order for it to work...

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:54 pm
Clan Leader
Top Dog
Nuke Dev / Coder
3015 Posts
coRpSE
Currently Offline

Most Played:

That is better asked to Lonestar, its his module. I am not 100% familiar with the workings of his script.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:00 pm
Original Poster
Spammer
113 Posts
okay Corpse and thanks...

Forums ©